Sunday, May 1, 2016

Peer Review for Mike Duffek

This post will be a review for a student who is not in my section of the course.



1. The name of the title and author for the project you reviewed

This is the untitled final project of Mike Duffek.

2. A working hyperlink to the project you reviewed

My comment on Mike's content outline.

3. An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed  

I chose to critique Mike's outline because...pretty colors. His color coding attracted my eye and then I accidentally read through the whole thing and then just thought I ought to make comments on it since I had to for this post anyway!

4. An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback (in other words, how did you help them make their work better?)

I really liked Mike's outline; I did suggest that he look into the sources he plans on using and actually physically incorporating them into his video. I think that would look really nice and provide a break up from just the voice over pictures that most video essays have.

5. An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback

I commented on Mike's organization, but specifically in reference to his external sources as I mentioned above. I said that it would be nice to see the use of his evidence (his other projects) in each of his paragraph segments of the video.

6. One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from


Mike's outline was so easy to read; the colors he used and the use of white space really broke down the overview of his project on such a comprehensible level. I'd like to revisit my own outline and model from his.

No comments:

Post a Comment