Sunday, March 27, 2016

Editorial Report

This first editorial is for my introduction.


New Introduction


1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?


From my rough cut to my final draft, the podcast was honestly a new project. Like, ya know on those old MTV shows when they would give people makeovers, and on the beginning of each episode you're thinking, "man, there is just no way they can fix this one"? That was my podcast. For my content, I changed my outline form, and thus my script.


I definitely am confident that my changes were made for the better. Before, my content didn't have a direction and had too much fluff. My introduction seemed stagnant. The overhaul that I did is laid out so much cleaner. 

2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

I really think that all the examples we listened to in class solidified my form. I took notes and now I can pick out individual conventions of a podcast that I was previously just guessing on. I added a stinger and changed my music because I found more upbeat music on garage band than what I was anticipating using. My old introduction was just too long and I was just repeating.

No comments:

Post a Comment