Sunday, March 27, 2016

Editorial Report

This section of content is from my overview, the piece that immediately would have followed my introduction.



1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?

I really just felt like I wasn't saying anything with this piece, and if I was, it was too focused on the fact that the audience was the most important. I wanted to be focused more around the genres and not so much the interviewees, and so my new content is really just the facts. In my final draft I really tried to give equal time and focus to all of the different things I compared and contrasted, whether that was the audience or the author or the structure or the appeals or the length of the document, etc.

2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?


Besides the reorganization of my outline, the form didn't change all that much for this piece. This "paragraph" isn't a necessary convention of a podcast but I though it worked well with my script so I still used an overview after my introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment