Monday, March 14, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

Please excuse my lack of technological knowledge! This is my project, I hope you enjoy it, and I welcome your comments!

Rough Draft



Key information about your particular project that you would like anyone who peer reviews your draft to know

It is a bit lengthy if you listen to the whole podcast. I do not have my entire conclusion on here, but I don't imagine you would comment on my sign-off anyway.

Major issues or weaknesses in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those weaknesses)

I am hoping I don't babble on too much. I know it's a long podcast, and I'm hoping I don't bore my audience. And also, do I convey my thoughts clearly? As a listener is it easy to grasp the ideas I am trying to get across?

Major virtues or strengths in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those strengths)

I am pretty confident with how my external sources fit into my podcast and ease the transitions.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I have a couple of comments for you on the form of your podcast for when you record!

    Use of Genre Conventions

    Since this is only a script I know it's rough to include genre conventions, but I think it's a good idea to know where you're going before you record. Without a list of possible sound effects, music, etc. it may be hard to integrate them easily.

    Creativity

    I think that by using your interviewees as you have, it helps convey a good sense of knowledge within the subject, and hopefully you are able to present them in a creative way rather than just dropping in the clip and moving on.

    Ideas and Suggestions

    If you add a few different music clips and sound effects, especially during your intro and outro, I think that this will go a long way to making listening to the podcast a bit more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    I have a few recommendations concerning form.

    Since you are making a podcast, I think your current outline is a good way to organize the information. I really like your introduction. It sounds happy, lively, and tells the audience exactly what they will be hearing about. My suggestion here is to make sure you sound as engaged and interested as possible when recording because that tone will make your podcast stronger.

    When incorporating recordings from your interview (I assume the places where you mark (Thiel speaks here)), make sure their segments do not distract from your own voice. Avoid making their segments long. I know I made this mistake and it distracted from my overall message. I also suggest adding an intro to the first segment when your interviewees speak. This will help avoid confusion.

    I do not see a very clear closing section, so I suggest adding something about why this is important in the long run and/or how it affects us or you.

    For the finishing touches, I suggest adding music in between segments/paragraphs or adding sound effects (clapping, mic check, anything like that). And to establish credibility, I would talk a little bit about who you are (honors student, U of A student, any brief introduction will do the trick).

    I hope you found some of that helpful. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete