Sunday, March 13, 2016

Production Report 8a

-       Hello my name is Katie Russell and welcome to the wonderful world that is my podcast. Maybe you’re wondering why on earth my podcast is entitled “help”, and you have very good reason to. But Im not going to tell you… yet. Well here I really want to discuss some of the logistics in professional communication specifically in the field of medicine. I realize that is an extremely broad category and so I have brought in some external sources who are actually professionals working out in the field to kind of restrict the bounds on what is covered. I still want to cover as large of a range as possible so I will be referencing in this podcast the types of publications one would see in the medical field on many different extremes: the point of view of a professor and that of a surgeon, someone who works predominantly in research and someone who works predominantly in everyday action in a practice. And really how the publications of these two outstanding doctors can be compared and contrasted.


1. How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?

Since I am using a podcast, I wanted to make my script sound like it would naturally be from a continuing podcast series/online news report. I think I followed the conventions of a podcast well in that aspect of formatting this portion.

2. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?

I just haven't solidified my title yet, so my introduction alludes to a title that is still in the works. The first time I tried recording this, my computer quit the program, and this, the second time, I have a horribly raspy voice from a cold I am just getting over. So, that put a damper on my 'radio presence'.

No comments:

Post a Comment