Sunday, March 27, 2016

Peer Review for Marisa Kubacki

For this peer review, I made some comments for Marisa's podcast.


The name of the title and author for the project you reviewed

Marisa Kubacki, and her podcast titled, What Did One Psychologist Say To The Other?


A working hyperlink to the project you reviewed


Marisa's Podcast (and my comment)

An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed


I chose to examine content for her podcast honestly so I could make sure I had enough strength in my content. (I feel like critiquing others is great experience for your own reflection).

An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback (in other words, how did you help them make their work better?)


I really focused my comment on making the podcast a little more cut and dry for the listener. It is difficult to conceptualize all the aspects just from listening, and I encouraged that she be a little more blunt in telling the audience exactly what she wants them to know. I think in this case it is okay to use buzzwords like genre type and rhetorical strategy. The audience is looking for that and that is always something to keep in mind: how can you make the experience easier for the audience.



An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback


I touched a little bit on the organization of her podcast, and obviously the content as it relates to a summary. The organization was a really positive aspect of the podcast; everything flowed very well together. The content could be moved a little more to analysis and away from summary. For example, even if someone doesn't know what a TedTalk is (which is unlikely), I think it could be summed up quicker and she could move on to focusing on why it is something important to talk about for her topic.



One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from


What I would take away from this podcast is her outgoing personality. I suppose it really depends on what mood you are going for in this genre, whether you want to be slow and calm and really take your time (NPR-esque) or be, as she was, more loud and bubbly and entertaining (Hank/John Green-esque). Either way, she really accomplished the mood she was trying to put out.


No comments:

Post a Comment