Sunday, March 27, 2016

Reflection on Tech Writing in Medicine

Having completed project two, I can now reflect on my work.



1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

I was really intimidated by having to use technology, and really rely on it working correctly to produce a project. But, to my surprise, it worked even better than I had hoped. I didn't have any trouble splicing any of my pieces together, and there were even some cases where things would coincidentally work in my favor! For example, when I was putting the voice tracks over the musical track, they actually lined up to be on beat a lot of the time! #MusicNerd

2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

Okay, my answer to this one is also technology. I feel like, especially for these blog posts, I couldn't seem to get my recordings in the correct format! Why are there so many formats?! Mp3, mp4, m4a, mov, etc. This is driving me nuts! I wish I knew how to convert everything correctly. I didn't face this problem as much in my actual project, though, which was nice. It was only at the beginning that I struggled with that.

3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?

I am still intimidated by technology, but I am glad I got at least a little hands-on experience thus far.

4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?

Actually, I am really pleased with my project. I am hoping I am as clear to my audience as I think I am. That is really my only concern. Ya know, you've seen the same script a million times, so when you're recording it it makes perfect sense to you, but you don't always know how your listener is feeling. So, as a producer, I like the product, and I hope my knowledge is well conveyed to my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment