Monday, March 14, 2016

Production Report 8b

-        So, let’s just get right into it then. There are really so many ‘genres’ if we’re speaking in regards to the medical field. So I will just be focusing on those which are exclusive to the field and are unlikely to be depicted in any other field. So beginning with a very broad view of the genres, we can assume two overarching categories: Publications directed for the patient and publications directed for other professionals. What I mean by publications for a patient, are just that these are short term writing projects maybe previously unconsidered as airquote publications. (Thiel speaks here) Examples of this would be written prescriptions and visit documentation. Individually, they serve not a whole lot of long term information for the progression of medicine. Now, more longer term publications, like case studies and research proposals are almost exclusively designed for this purpose.

1. How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?

I formatted my script for this section keeping in mind that I want to keep my audience mentally interested in presenting my topic to them, thus I used more familiar and colloquial language to make a relatable sounding podcast.

2. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?


Nothing too different from the last section I reviewed in 8a.

No comments:

Post a Comment