Sunday, February 28, 2016

From Academia to Social Media


1. Name of the author from the academic journal I selected and the social media networks I found them on.

I chose Robert S. Miller, MD. I found him on Twitter.

2. Description of their social media presence.

Dr. Miller, although I don't know too much of his professional presence, seems much more personal on Twitter. He uses Twitter lingo like "RT" for the action retweet, and shares comics and other funny and sarcastic pictures.

3. Differences in this authors social media presence and professional presence.

From what I have read from Dr. Miller, his publications in JAMA are very precise in their verbage and tone. One article he wrote was in the genre subset form of study design, which followed a strictly formal tone. This persona was absolutely the most polar opposite from how he conveys himself on twitter as an extroverted (grammatically incorrect at times) character.

No comments:

Post a Comment