Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage


1. How effective is your pronoun usage? What does it tell you about your writing style?

I actually found my pronoun usage to be very minimal, and I would say that really doesn't leave a lot of room for ambiguity or vagueness, which is essential for a QRG. The only consistent repetition in pronouns would be for the pronoun 'it', which was always used in the same sentence as its original subject. There were other instances throughout my paper where I employed the use of 'it' but simply as the beginning of a sentence, and not as a pronoun. I am overall actually pleased with my pronoun use, and thus the clarity of my paper.

2. Do you ever refer directly to the audience? Is this effective (and how)?

I do refer directly to my reader several times at the beginning of my quick reference guide and also again at the end. I did this because I think it breaks down the barrier of strict third person formality, especially is the setting of a QRG. Also, my controversy is very relevant to almost everyone since CVS Pharmacies are all over the nation, which makes the story able to be relatable, and thus I thought it appropriate to tap into that aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment