Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Time Period

Local News Stories

  • Providence Journal actually posted about the event in question when the news was released and even a response by another large pharmacy chain.
National News Stories
  • The New York Times covered CVS's story and was also buzzing with other health related news in the first week of February of 2014.
Global News Stories
  • TIME Magazine, from their archives, appear to be very focused on the news in Syria. One article did relate to my event by covering the effects of third-hand smoke.

I think the research on stories covered locally, nationally, and globally really followed a strict trend line in my event’s case. Locally, both stories related to my event and went very in depth. This was huge news, locally. It was still easy for me to find stories when I searched in the national news, but I only found one story that covered my controversy, and the other story was about self-diagnosing an illness (but at least it related to healthcare). I searched for a considerably longer amount of time to find a news story in the global perspective, and even then, did not find a story that directly covered my event, but more covered an important topic that related to my event (smoking). The majority of the news I found globally was in regards to the war in Syria.

No comments:

Post a Comment