Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Peer Review for Cheyenne Garcia

My last peer review is from a student in my section who is also making a video essay.


The name of the title and author for the project you reviewed


I reviewed Cheyenne Garcia's Project entitled Who Was Wrong and Who Was Right: Brock Turner's Alleged Assult.

A working hyperlink to the project you reviewed


An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed

I chose to review Cheyenne's content because I had already looked over the production schedule (which I was most nervous about, just being honest), and hers seemed to be well laid out.

An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback (in other words, how did you help them make their work better?)

In my comment, I advised her to look a little more over her argument placement and highlighting its existence. I said this because I feel like we focused a lot in class about the pieces of an argument being the question, the solution, and how it was a good or bad idea, and I just felt like her argument was a little hard to locate (just not being the center of attention) in her project.

An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback

I also mentioned the structure of her introduction. I advised Cheyenne to include how she would introduce herself in the beginning of the video and also how she would keep the audience's attention from the beginning.

One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from

I really admire the amount of facts and statistics Cheyenne was able to include in her rough outline of her draft. It shows she already knows a lot about her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment