Sunday, April 24, 2016

Reflection on Post Production Part II

This week I have been editing all parts of my video; script, and visual component alike. This is a reflection on my progress of the week.




1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

I was so proud of myself for getting my whole script re-adapted on Tuesday, and then adding my visual components in on Thursday (I made a list of which pictures and videos I wanted to have appear at each part, where I wanted screens with text, and planned out which videos would be only of me speaking, etc.). Everything went so smoothly during compilation, too. I always anticipate having crazy technical difficulties, but I didn't really have too many!

2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

The only challenge I had was on myself. I was so confident because I was so well prepared during the week that I still underestimated the time it would take me to complete the little things after I had put the whole project together. For example, I filmed all my videos on Saturday, and had them all compiled on Sunday before noon. Once I finished the fine tuning and the never ending uploading/exporting process, here we are at 10 pm on a Sunday. That was honestly my only thing that went wrong today; it took me over two hours to upload to Vimeo (for peer reviewing - I think it was the wifi, not sure), and another hour to export onto my desktop.

3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?

A lot a lot faster because no uploading or filming or uploading. Or uploading. *twitch twitch*

4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?

I would have to say I was the most interested in this project overall since the genre was so open. I hope that doesn't hurt me in the end, because I wasn't doing the project for the project, I was doing it for me. Actually, I got a lot of good resources by just talking to my friends about my project who were interested in it too (like the quote I use at the beginning, one of my friends brought that up when I was telling her about my project). I'm definitely the most proud of this project in terms of its relevancy in the medical community and our society right now. I think it's always a good sign when you can spend so much time on a project and not be completely worn out of it by the end, and that's how I feel with project 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment