Monday, April 18, 2016

Peer Review for Sofia Haserot

This is a peer review for one of my classmates who is not in my section of class.



1. The name of the title and author for the project you reviewed

I reviewed Sofia Haserot's untitled Video Essay on Obamacare.

2. A working hyperlink to the project you reviewed


3. An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed

I chose to analyze content because I knew I would be able to talk the most about that, (as opposed to form, because all she had available was a script).

4. An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback (in other words, how did you help them make their work better?)

I advised Sofia to look more into the argument side of the project; it seemed a little like she was aiming to recreate project 1 because of the lack of argument. I also suggested she make a few of her paragraphs more clear in why they exist and what theyre supposed to do for the audience.

5. An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback

I really ended up editing a lot of organization because of the fact that I recommended she combine her first and second paragraph. It seemed to me like she was focusing too much on the introduction of the story that she skimmed over the details and how she felt about the story.

6. One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from

I did, however, admire the fact that Sofia chose a topic she knew she would be able to argue, she says so in the beginning of her open post. So maybe she just needs more time to edit so she can make a stronger one-sided argument out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment