Monday, April 18, 2016

Peer Review for Payton Leahy

This is a peer review for one of my classmates in my section of class.


1. The name of the title and author for the project you reviewed

I reviewed Payton's "Why Sony Needs To #FreeKesha"

2. A working hyperlink to the project you reviewed

Payton's Video and my comment

3. An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed 

I chose to review Payton's video based on Copy Editing. I began watching her video and immediately wanted to do form because I could pick out things right away, but I saw other commenters had already made remarks about form and so I thought I should switch it up a little for her sake.

4. An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback (in other words, how did you help them make their work better?)

I made comments to Payton in regards to the three sections of the Copy Editing rubric, language use, design elements, and credible sourcing. I remarked on each of these and tried to steer clear of comments she had already gotten. I try to make my comments ones that address the problem and a possible solution so I'm not just putting a whole bunch of responsibilities on the author.

5. An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback

I commented on the sourcing Payton was using. Even though it was just a rough cut, she acknowledged to her critics (I guess that's me) that she was using credits at the end, but I also recommended she cited sources as she went along so that her audience would find her credible throughout the video.

6. One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from


I really did like the tone Payton used. It wasn't insanely aggressive (I think I can be like that) but I was still able to listen to her whole video.

No comments:

Post a Comment