Sunday, April 24, 2016

Peer Review for Chandler Gillette

This post is a peer review for a student who is not in my section of class.


1. The name of the title and author for the project you reviewed

I reviewed Chandler's Video Essay, "5 Arguments Against FBI Backdoor".

2. A working hyperlink to the project you reviewed


3. An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed

I chose to review Copy Editing for Chandler's video essay, mainly to talk about his sources.

4. An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback (in other words, how did you help them make their work better?)

I really just wanted to comment on the credibility of his sources. As an author, or creator, it makes a lot of sense when you choose your sources, and that isn't always as easily conveyed to your audience, so I suggested Chandler go into a little bit more depth as to why he chose the sources he chose and what that meant to the integrity of his project.

5. An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback

I encouraged Chandler to go back and include some sort of works cited page/document/description since it is so easy to add on YouTube.

6. One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from

I admired how cohesive Chandler's project was. I am aware I am taking more of a risk to having a shoddy project because I change from on-screen to off-screen and back again. And while I still think it sounds good, you can't get a more smooth transition than not having one at all. Really enjoyed his project overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment